Help & Heal Mental Health Fund Grants are made on an ongoing basis to help Help & Heal Mental Health Fund members meet a debt need or pay a creditor for the basics of living — shelter, water, electricity or food. These small personal grants are intended for people to meet an unexpected or emergency financial expense that an individual could not have anticipated or prepared for. These grants are meant to help keep the lights on or put food on the table. “Community fund drives,” which are run multiple times per year on the forums, support the funding of these grants.
The goal of these grants is to help ensure that an otherwise self-sufficient individual does not fall into unmanageable debt or enter into a cycle of poverty that would be difficult to climb out of.
Any individual meeting the criteria below may apply for a Community Fund Grant. The maximum grant available under this program is $599.00. An individual can receive this grant only once.
Specific Grant Guidelines:
- Please fill out the Grant Application form
- You must be a member in good standing of the MySupportForums.org or the Neurotalk community for at least six (6) months
- You must have an immediate, emergency, one-time need
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be a resident of the United States
- You can only apply on behalf of yourself
- You must have access to a computer and photocopier
- You must have exhausted all other resources for funding first
- Your grant request must be under $600.00 (the maximum amount we give to any individual)
- You should demonstrate that the grant will have a significant or immediate impact on your life
- Proof of outstanding bills or debt is required (e.g., photocopies of bills)
- Only one grant (maximum amount: $599) per person per every three (3) years will be granted if the other guidelines are met
All grant applications will be reviewed by the Community Fund Grant Application Committee on an as-needed basis, and decisions rendered within 14 days. The Grant Application Committee’s decision for approval or rejection of a grant application is final.
Members who donate can gain access to the private Supporters Forum if they choose. Members can donate any amount they want, but we encourage only giving what you truly can afford. Even $5 helps out.